Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's still autumn

Winter is still holding off. It's been a beautiful past few days - temperatures in the 50s and sunshine. They're calling for 50s again today, and my friends Mae and Cindy and I are planning a drive to no where in particular. I'll take the camera and see if I can get a few more fall shots.

Friday I got a new flat-screen television set, 37", which looks great in the living room. I really think anything much bigger would be a bit too much. It's much sharper than the old square one and the HD is great. My friend came over to help me set it up, and after breakfast, we headed over to Creamer's Field to see what was happening.

I was surprised to see a small group of Canada geese still hanging around. I thought they were all gone by now.


I also noticed the fireweed, though completely brown and cotton, is still standing tall. Fireweed is one of my favorite plants - I love it at almost any time of year.


fireweed in bloom, July






fireweed topped off and near the end






end of the road for this fireweed plant - I love how it contrasts with the aged dark wood of the fence








We are all reveling (except the snowmachiners and skiers) in the lingering warm temperatures of autumn. My little dog loves to sit in the yard sniffing the air. Occasionally he will run from one corner to the other. Twice Saturday, when we were moving televisions in/out, he escaped and ran off down the street. My arthritic back and asthma HATE this. We got him back, but I was winded and not happy with him.

Happy October to all. I'm hoping to get more photos today.

No comments: