Monday, October 11, 2010

It's here

After an unseasonably warm September, it appears our summer and fall have ended. Although there's not much of it, the snow has finally arrived.

Thanks to Maura & Micah, my leaves were all raked and bagged before the snow. This one was pretty easy to sweep from the ramp and sidewalk this morning. It's still rather warm - 33 degrees at 11:30 a.m., but I figure we're in it now.

Some sort of virus kept me off work Thursday and Friday. Thankfully I'm fully recovered and back to normal. I was too sick and dizzy to even make it to the computer. I stayed in Saturday and started to update my genealogy files. Nothing new this week, but I'm forever an optimist when it comes to the family tree.

I ventured over to Fred Meyer's pharmacy this morning and to my gas station downtown. The roads weren't too bad, but Fred's parking lot was a virtual ice rink. I was walking like a toddler on a new unfamiliar surface. It's time to adjust not just my driving, but my walking.

I do look forward to the gorgeous scenery that comes with the serious snowfall - trees and yards looking like Christmas cards. It's a whole different world.

I spoke with my friend Bonnie in New Mexico yesterday for a long while. We talked politics and baseball as well as what's happening in our lives. We are talking about maybe going to Phoenix for Spring Training in March. I'm pretty excited about that. After a long cold winter, there's nothing quite like sitting in the stands watching a baseball game, with temperatures in the 70s and 80s. I love stepping outside of the terminal in Phoenix. (My socks and shoes have been replaced by sandals in Seattle during the layover.)

So I guess this winter will be full of genealogy and Arizona dreaming.

No comments: