Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's breakup!

Breakup is finally here. The snow in my yard is melting and the sidewalk lake is back. I put in a temporary bridge and am able to get to the car and back without getting my feet wet.

Saturday I shoveled some of the snow away from the sidewalk and further into the yard. That usually helps keep the water level down. I also cleared off the porch of all snow and it's almost ready to enjoy. I still have to wash and rinse the benches, but my back is screaming at me to do that later - maybe next weekend.

I got out the folding lawn chair and sat on the porch for a while yesterday, totally reveling in the sun and warmth while Buddy ran around the yard enjoying all the smells.

I got up early today and drove over to Creamer's Field about 6:30. There were a handful of geese and two pairs of trumpeter swans. I shot off a few shots, but only had my pocket camera so the zoom wasn't as good.



There's still a lot of snow and many of the little ponds were iced over at that early hour, but the geese were making lots of noise and there were several pairs flying in and out.

I love when the birds return - it's a sure sign of spring.

After Creamer's I went to Fred Meyer and did my grocery shopping. It's now 12:30 p.m. and I've also completed the laundry and made dinner (baked chicken & broccoli spears). The leftover chicken is packaged into lunch-sized portions and I've got my salads all packaged for the week. All I have to do is grab and go.

It's been a productive weekend, in spite of the fact that I really didn't do much yesterday. All I have to do now is take Buddy out and enjoy my porch.

Happy breakup.

No comments: