Sunday, February 10, 2013

2013

Thus far 2013 has not been high on my list of "likes."

If it wasn't 40 below or colder, or dumping 14 inches of snow and then smaller amounts, I was under the weather with strep, back or knee problems.

The bright point so far - my new camera. Because of the cold and my various ailments (I've GOT to stop sounding like an old infirm woman), I haven 't had a lot of chances to test it out.

But I did manage to get a couple of shots that I was happy with and am looking forward to better weather to get out with it.

One morning, just after I got it, the moon was bright and high in the sky. It was a nice morning and I thought I'd try the new, improved lens.


 
 
Saturday my friend Mae and I decided to drive to North Pole. She wanted to look for something at Santa Claus House and we opted to stay there long enough for lunch at the Pagoda. Lunch was very good, as usual, though we were disappointed with the chicken wings we got to go for supper.
 
I got a few shots of Santa Claus House and the reindeer that were in the pen. Two of them were rubbing their antlers on trees, then snuffling the tree trunks. I would love to get some shots of them without two fences getting in the way, but I understand why those fences are there.
 
The reindeer are very tame and the presence of people doesn't faze them at all.
 

 
 




 
I love the murals on the sides of SC House, and it smells like Christmas inside all year round.

Here's hoping 2013 will now begin improving - better weather, better health and great times with the camera.

No comments: