Monday, February 21, 2011

Holy Cow! Snow!

It's Monday, Presidents' Day, Feb. 20. We had a little snow late last week, but it was manageable. When I got up (very early - 3:30 a.m.) this morning I could tell it was snowing, but didn't think much of it. I don't normally pay much attention to forecasts, aside from the expected temperatures, so didn't expect what I saw at 9 when I decided to brush off the car so I could go to the doctor.

I was flabbergasted when I realized the snow on my handicapped access ramp was knee-high. I shoved the storm door open and got my shovel out so I could at least get out the door. I managed to shovel a path down the ramp to the sidewalk, but by then my back started to protest, so I stopped. That's what I pay someone to do for me.

The little path I'd shoveled at least gave Buddy a little space to do his business, and he enjoyed sniffing the air and checking out the snow.

His beard and muzzle always come up white with snow when there's a fresh snowfall. He looks so funny. However, he refuses to leave his booties on, so his feet get cold. Even in the summer when the lawn is wet from rain his feet get cold. So we don't stay out too long.









The chickadees and redpolls have been gluttons at the feeders, and I had planned to fill them today. Here's what they look like right now. I will go out and knock the snow off later and bring them to fill them.










However, I am now truly tired of this. Since I don't have a garage, every little dusting of snow means I have to brush off the car. This particular dropping means it will take longer and I'll have to break trail around the car to get to the roof on all sides. I am truly ready for my vacation in the Southwest.


Just looking at these helps me get through the long last couple of months of winter. I've been online looking at various places we might visit while we're in Phoenix and Las Cruces. I've bought new summer clothes and am more than ready. Fortunately, there's in increasing amount of daylight and today the sun is shining. That helps.








It really hasn't been a horrible winter this year, but I am ready for breakup and summer. We're nearly to March - it won't be too far off.

No comments: