Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dad update, more travel

It's been a roller-coaster week. After I posted last week (or maybe while I was posting) my dad suffered a stroke in the hospital. He wasn't able to lift his right arm and his speech was garbled. By Monday I could understand what he was saying and although it's weak, he can now lift his arm again. He has some problems with manual dexterity, but is working on it.

He has been released from the hospital to a rehab center and is working on various therapies daily. Hopefully he will be home in about 2 weeks, or maybe less. I will head down there to visit for a while after he's back home.

I've been trying to remain optimistic. I know my dad as a strong, determined man. He works hard for what he wants and up until a short while ago took walks in the woods, usually at least a couple of miles. This is at 85 years old. I think he will try to regain his strength as quickly as possible, for he really doesn't like to rely on others to do a lot for him. I appreciate all the prayers that have come his way. I think the prayer is underestimated by a lot of people, but his recovery from the surgery and stroke has been, I think, very good in such a short time.

I had to go out of town last week to Delta Junction. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we saw some beautiful scenery and a poor skinny moose. She was feeding along the highway, and didn't even flinch when we pulled over to take some photos. I'll print a couple of photos off for Dad - he always likes seeing wildlife. I wish he could come up here to see them in real life.


I love these mountains - so beautiful.


Tanana River


Another view of the Tanana



Poor thing - you can count her ribs.



Tanana again

It's hard to believe July is here already. I don't know where June went, but it's gone. Enjoy July everyone.



No comments: